- Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F
- Grease the outside of the muffin case with oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy
- Mix the egg and vanilla sugar through the fluffy mix
- Add the flour bit by bit while you keep mixing (by hand)
- Roll out the dough
- Cut out rounds from the dough and fit around the muffin case (if you cut the right size round out of paper it is easier to keep the same size for each case)
- Bake the cups for 10-12 minutes or until the cups look golden brown
- Let the cups cool for about 10 minutes
- Take them off the muffin case
- Place the strawberries and honey in a pan and heat until it cooks (add some water when needed)
- Turn down the heat and make sure it does not cook anymore
- Mix the cornstarch with water and mix until there are no more lumps
- Add this mix to the strawberries and turn up the heat a bit
- Keep stirring until the mix gets thicker (1 to 2 minutes) and starts to bubble
- Divide over the cups
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
You can repeat this with pineberry filling and blueberry filling to get a red-white-blue result.
Check out our Pinterest boards for more tasty strawberry recipes.